Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tomorrow

I got that job I was hoping for. I prayed on it, and God, with the help of some people working the phones, delivered for me.

I finished Mere Christianity. I actually had trouble putting it down. Several passages really stuck out to me, but I'm not going to put them up here - read it for yourself and find your own passages. I will say that his explanation of the Trinity by explaining the process of prayer is simple, elegant, and among the finest explanations of the Trinity I've heard or read. I am still going through American Pastoral, and started When God Whispers Your Name by Max Lucado (seriously, how do you pronounce that guy's name?). It's designed as more of an inspirational read, I would say, rather than a theological one, but that's totally fine with me, and he has been saying some good stuff - more like healthy reminders than some intense study. We never know how God is going to talk to us, our temporary life, things like that, and emphasizing the personal nature of our relationship with God and Christ, so that we don't get lost in with the crowd. It's worth picking up if you want something a little more low-maintenance.

I have now seen every episode of The West Wing, my favorite television show ever. Please do yourselves a favor and follow these instructions:

1) Find a copy of Season 1 at your local library or entertainment store
2) Watch.
3) Upon completion, find next season and repeat step 2.
4) After 7 seasons, repeat process in full.

I promise you won't regret it.

What's next?

No comments: