Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bartlett/Powell '08

When Obama found out that he couldn’t bring non-military press or his campaign staff to visit the wounded soldiers at Landstuhl air base, he decided it wouldn’t be worth his time. What would be the point if there is no way to exploit the situation for the sake of his campaign? I mean, someone from Washington actually caring about the soldiers? What good would that do? After all, he never voted for this war, so I guess he doesn’t really need to give it an emotional investment. We’re all a little tired of it, so maybe if we ignore it, it will go away.

Apparently the only thing that will be on McCain’s agenda when he becomes president is to reform government and the way things are done in Washington. He thinks the government needs to work with the people. We need to work together. Just what it is that we are supposed to be working together to achieve still escapes me.

They speak without having anything to say. Why can’t someone just say something? Something that lets us know they care about America and not just the presidency? They haven’t convinced me yet that they have my interests at heart. And since they don’t care about me, how dare they expect me to care enough about them to give them my vote in November? I just wish they would stop insulting my intellect and passion long enough to tell me what they plan on doing with the country I live in.

No comments: